Roasted Portobello with Blue Cheese & Breadcrumbs

I love blue cheese, but it doesn't always appear on my cheese platters as it frightens off a good number of my dinner party guests. So, I've had to improvise and gently introduce my friends to the veined cheese. By incorporating the cheese into my dishes, like that gorgonzola butternut squash lasagne, or gorgonzola buffalo chicken linguine. I had a bit of Danish blue leftover from the previous night's cheese platter, and decided to put the rest to use by seasoning some portobello caps.


Ingredients (feeds 4-6):
12 portobello caps, cleaned with a damp kitchen towel
5 tbsp olive oil
Salt to season
1/2 cup blue cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs


Directions:
1) Season portobello with olive oil and salt, and roast at 200C for 10-15 minutes, cap-size down.

2) Remove from oven, turn over, top with 2 tsp of blue cheese, and a sprinkle of breadcrumbs, and roast for another 5-6 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang