Coffee Club, Wheelock Place

There's this old saying, what goes around comes around. I was just gloating to my colleague the other day that being on Invisalign really is quite a breeze, compared to people who've had to ensure the pain of metal braces. Really, I should have kept my mouth shut. Having just started on my 6th aligner yesterday, I'm in pain. There's a lot more straightening movement of the teeth with the 6th aligner, which means that I constantly feel like I'm having my teeth pulled. Without novocain.

This also means that I'm on soft foods for now. Foods like ice-cream, which is both soft and refreshingly cold, helps soothe my very tender teeth and gums. So, I'm on an all ice-cream diet for now. While the Fiance had a proper meal at Coffee Club, I was relegated to the mudpies selection. Ah well, at least there's a silver lining.

There are 2 Coffee Club joints at Wheelock Place. While the open-air outlet facing Orchard Road is open 24 hours and offers the full menu, the air-conditioned one inside, just past Borders, is open only from 8am till late and offers a limited range of dishes.

I had the Nutty Frenzy ($10.50) a majestic combination of caramel, nougat and macadamia nut ice-cream, with candied macadamias and richly satisfying dessert that's nutty and sweet. I've always liked Coffee Club's mudpies, they're generously portioned and extremely value-for-money. Obviously, the Fiance ate the macadamias and shortbread crust.


The Fiance had the Country Pie ($10.50) a yummylicious combination of marinated diced chicken, root vegetables and mashed potatoes, topped with golden molten mozzarella cheese. This is so good, it's a must-try.


The Iced Lychee Passionfruit Tea ($3.60) was a tad too saccharine, sweetened cocktail lychees were added to an already sugared fruity tea.




Coffee Club
501 Orchard Road
Wheelock Place
#01-K2
Tel: 6836 5383
Open Sundays to Thursdays from 8am to 10pm
Fridays to Saturdays from 8am to 11.30pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang