Prego

I think I may be hitting my risotto overload. As evidenced below, I've been eating risottos continuously at Prego. The following were the risottos of each day I ate there.

The Lemon Sole with Capers Risotto ($36) was lighter than their usual super creamy and rich versions. The capers lent a faint peppery kick and its tangy accents cut through the starchiness of the risotto, while fat fish slices were a nice clear plain contrast to the rich risotto.


The Creamy Egg Bacon Risotto ($36) was obviously the rice version of carbonara pasta. I liked that the bacon was diced, chunky and flavoursome without being overtly salty. However, this got a little cloying after a while, there was just too much diary in this.


The Fiance had this while I had the different risottos. This is probably the first time I'm giving a Prego dish a thumbs-down review. The only good thing about the Guazzetto di Mare ($38), a tomatoes and caper seafood stew, was the tomato broth and prawns. I just couldn't understand how such a simple dish could have gone so wrong. All it needed was really fresh seafood and a good tomato soup base. They had a good enough soup base, so all it took was for the seafood to be fresh. Which you'd think would be easy enough for an establishment like this. Unfortunately, the mussels, clams and fish were all terribly fishy, which totally ruined it for us. We couldn't finish this.




Prego
Level 1, Fairmont Singapore
80 Bras Basah Road
Tel: 6431 5156
Open daily for breakfast from 6am to 11am, lunch from 11.30am to 2.30pm and dinner from 6.30pm to 10.30pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang