Secret Recipe, CPF Building

Instead of eating the usual packed food in the cold, dank and dreary office, Mr Harvest-The-Crops and I decided to go out for lunch and enjoy the sunshine. We went out a little late so one of the few dining places without a long queue and was able to serve up food quickly was Secret Recipe at CPF Building.

I got the Grilled Chicken Baked Rice ($11.80), which surprised me with its standard. This could have been served at Coffee Club or TCC, both coffee joints which serve pretty good food. The rice was moist and evenly coated with a lovely bechamel sauce and they were very generous with well-marinated chicken chunks. Of course, the golden melted mozzarella cheese topping also made the dish a hit.


The Caesar Salad ($5.50) with Additional Turkey Ham ($2.50) that Mr Harvest-The-Crops ordered was awful. Really awful. I admit I'm not a proponent of mayonnaise, but even I could tell that the dressing smelled off and rancid. The menu called it a "special blend of parmesan cheese and mayonnaise with a touch of anchovy". Seriously, I don't know why would anyone would put anchovies with mayonnaise. This was discarded after a few bites.


He got a Kid's Meal Fish & Chips ($6.90) instead, which was tonnes better. Fish was battered well, even if it was a tad too thick. I thought the star-shaped potato nuggets were a cute whimsical touch.


I liked that the Prawn Crackers appetizer was complimentary at no extra charge.




Secret Recipe
79 Robinson Road
CPF Building
#01-08
Tel: 6220 1511
Open Mondays to Fridays from 8am to 8pm
Website: www.secretrecipe.com.sg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang