Spicy Black Bean Paste Chicken with Mango

I've never posted recipes of homecooked food before. People who read my blog have asked me if i cook, and for the record, i do. I just can't be bothered to. We live in a city that has an overwhelming number of good AND cheap food places, and if you're cooking for 2, you invariably end up spending more on groceries than if you were to go to the hawker centre to eat. Plus, the BF hates washing up (because I cook, he cleans, it's fair share of the work, don't you think?).

This is why I relish invites to my friends' homes for some sorely-missed wholesome home-cooked food.

The BF and I went to Ms PR's home for a dinner party, and we were pampered with really yummy food whipped up by the chef. Her husband is a very very VERY lucky man with a gem of a find. It's so rare to find an educated, successful and perfectly lovely local girl that can cook. I mean, how many Singaporean girls can cook?!

I'm going to post up the 1 recipe that I managed to wrangle from her. Like most good cooks, she's fiercely protective of her recipes.


Ingredients
200g Chicken, Chopped
1 tbsp Black Bean Paste
1 Bell Pepper (red or green or yellow), Diced
1 Red Chilli, Sliced
Half a mango, Diced
Pinch of Sugar

Method
1) Marinade the chicken with the black bean paste, crush the black beans to release flavour, leave in refrigerator for an hour
2) Heat tbsp of oil in hot wok till smoking
3) Add in marinated chicken and stir-fry till cooked
4) Add sliced chilli and pinch of sugar for taste
5) Add water if necessary
6) Dump in the mangoes just before serving

Voila! 6 simple steps for a yummy dish.

Comments

Anonymous said…
the dish with the black mushrooms looks quite scary. Prof
Bern said…
It so isn't! Don't you eat that mushroom dish for Chinese New Year? It's Fatt Choy Mushrooms with Dried Scallops and Oysters, I love love LURVE it!

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang