Men-Tei Ramen

I had lunch with CC and Mr J today. We couldn't decide whether to drive out of the CBD or go somewhere nearby. In fact, we couldn't even decide what to eat (it's one of those brain-drain Monday things), so we ended up being a stone's throw away from the office at one of my favourite ramen places, Men-Tei. This restaurant serves only 6 types of ramen and a handful of side dishes, yet it's a full house everyday. It's little wonder because the food is consistently yummy and generously portioned, service is ever so efficient, and dishes are value-for-money.

CC got his fave, the Tonkotsu Ramen ($14), with a milky, collagen-rich, pork bone soup base, and added corn nibblets. The noodles are freshly made in-house daily, so it's got that delectable soft chewy texture. 


Mr J got the same Tonkotsu Ramen ($14), but without the extra corn.


I got the Shio Ramen ($14), sans noodles because I wasn't very hungry. Both CC and Mr J's eyes nearly popped out when I told the waitress I didn't want noodles (I usually eat like a glutton, you see). Though a tad oily, the soup was very delicate in flavour, without that yucky MSG aftertaste. Easily the best ramen flavour in my view. I like chomping on the bamboo shoots, soft, but with just the slightest bite.




Men-Tei Ramen
61 Robinson Road
#01-01 Robinson Centre
Tel: 6438 4140
Open Mondays to Fridays from 11am to 3pm for lunch and 5pm to 9.30pm for dinner (last order at 9pm)
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays
Website: www.men-tei.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang