Honjin Restaurant & Bar, Robinson Road

CC and I had lunch with Ad, an ex-colleague of ours at Honjin Restaurant along Robinson Road to catch up over lunch. I was in my first year of practice when Ad left our firm, and I'd inherited her insurance files then. She's such a sweetheart, even though she'd left us a while ago, she'd still indulge me whenever I call her to ask her the most inane questions about insurance work.

CC got the Gindara Teriyaki Teishoku Set ($22), served with mesclun salad, pickles, chawanmushi, fruit and miso soup.


The fatty cod was smooth, soft, and it practically melted in the mouth.


The custard-like Chawanmushi was smooth, light and very yummy.


Ad got the Kama Shioyaki Teishoku Set ($22), with grilled kampachi's cheek. The kampachi's cheek wasn't as fresh as I'd like, the fish tasted a little fishy, and its texture was a little powdery.


I got the Dobin Mushi ($15), a clear seafood-based soup served in a teapot.


My only gripe about the soup was that there wasn't very much ingredients in the soup though.



Honjin Restaurant & Bar
140 Robinson Road
Chow House #01-00
Tel: 6222 2243
Opening Hours:
Lunch from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm
Dinner from 6 pm to 10:30 pm
Website: www.sunrestaurant.com/honjin.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang