CookBook Asia, OUB Centre

I haven't seen Pops for a while, and since I was near his office, I called him out for an early lunch. Every once a while, I'll "date" Pops out for a quick coffee break or lunch because he works in the same vicinity. We'll catch up and/or gossip, and I'll usually realise that my father has a more exciting life than I do. He brought me to a newly opened shop, CookBook Asia, which sells, surprise surprise, local food. Somehow, the staff all seem to know him, my guess is that he patronises the shop often enough. Or else, his 1.83m frame probably distinguished him from the rest of the faceless crowd.

We got a Mee Siam ($2.90 for a breakfast set with coffee, tea or soya bean), rice vermicelli in spicy, sour and sweet thin gravy. This was sharp and piquant, with fragrant tamarind and belachan wafting through the steaming hot gravy. Half a boiled egg, beansprouts and cubes of beancurd puff topped off this commendable version of the delectable local dish.



CookBook Asia
No. 1 Raffles Place
OUB Centre
#B1-01E
Tel: 6533 1181
Open Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 3pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang