Crystal Jade Kitchen, Suntec City Mall

Crystal Jade Kitchen is one of my default dining choices because it’s reliable, convenient and serves comfort food. I particularly like this branch because of the exceptional service. Although this place is regularly packed, the service staff are intuitive and show great initiative. That said, I’ve realized that one of the reasons for the Crystal Jade group of restaurants is because of their efficient service standards. They employ a large number of middle-aged aunties whose efficiency and nimble footwork belie their age.

Everytime I patronize this branch at Suntec, the service staff will always remember that I love my iced Chinese tea with a straw, and to hold off the spring onions in all my dishes. It’s the simple things like these which evinces their exceptional service.

As both the BF and I are still on the crispy noodle (sang mee) crave, we ordered the beef ($12.80) and seafood ($14.80) crispy noodles. Crystal Jade’s version uses thin noodles (eu mien). Me thinks it might be the same noodles used in their wanton noodles, just deep fried. The portion was quite big though. Seafood was fresh, beef was tender (artificially?) and gravy was gooey and rich.

Seafood Crispy Noodles


Beef Crispy Noodles



We also got the Wanton Soup ($6.80), sans spring onions. Thin, silky wanton skins which envelope a whole crunchy prawn. There are about 7 wantons in a bowl, and you can ask them for refills of the soup. Add in a little sambal chili and the flavour is complete.

Pardon me, I was halfway through the wantons when I realised that I'd forgotten to take a picture of it!

Oh and something has to be said about the Sambal Chili. Save for the oil, the chili is spicy, sweet and savoury with the taste of fried pounded dried shrimp. I’ve been known to eat the chili as an appetizer on its own. Up to 2 saucers in a sitting.



The bill came up to $42.75. You can opt not to have the wet tissues and appetizers which are chargeable, and the staff will be more than happy to oblige you.

 
Crystal Jade Kitchen

3 Temasek Boulevard,
B1-013, Suntec City Mall
Tel: 6338 3511
Open daily, 11am to 10.30pm
Website: www.crystaljade.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang